Character, Grit, and Finesse
PreAMPed is an audio plugin that recreates many of the qualities
of analog preamplifiers. This includes subtle EQ response curves,
low- and high- frequency saturation, differences between left and
right signals, crosstalk, noise, transformer/coil impulse response,
and saturation and EQ changes due to gain changes.
As a tool, PreAMPed can be used on multiple tracks to provide
subtle enhancement to individual track elements, or on overall
mixes. PreAMPed includes many controls that are common on mixing
consoles and separate hardware preamps. This includes a 4-band EQ,
a phase inversion switch, a left and right signal swapping switch,
input trim control, and output gain control.
In addition to the common hardware controls, PreAMPed also
includes several useful settings that help fine-tune the sound.
This includes an output signal clipper to prevent signal clipping or
to add an additional distorted sound, mid/side processing option to
tweak the stereo imaging, and additional saturation controls to add
specified levels of distortion to the needed frequencies. PreAMPed
also has switchable oversampling to improve the analog feel of the
EQ controls and to reduce aliasing. Finally, PreAMPed includes
LVC-Audio's user-friendly visual metering of the input and output
signals that includes VU-style metering, PPM-style metering, and an
output loudness meter that displays peak and RMS levels.
- Virtual preamp emulator with 13 separate preamp models
- Common hardware preamp controls, including gain, phase, and left/right channel swapping
- Four-band EQ, including high and low shelf filters, and two parametric mid band EQs
- Drive control that simulates increasing or decreasing the internal gain of a hardware preamp, while maintaining a consistent output level
- Stereo controls, including balance, stereo width, and mid/side processing option
- Adjustable output clipper
- Additional saturation with controllable high pass filter and selectable saturation type
- Configurable routing between the EQ, Saturation, and Preamp modeling module
- Selectable oversampling (linear phase 2x, 4x, and 8x oversampling)
- User-friendly graphical input and output metering with VU-style, PPM-style, and loudness meters.
Download File Size:8.45 MB