Using the same unique data recovery technology IntelligentScan as the heavyweight R-Studio, R-Undelete is an inexpensive and easy-to-use yet powerful file undelete solution for FAT and NTFS file systems. R-Undelete recovers files on any local disks recognized by the software. In addition, raw file recovery (scan for known file types) can be used for heavily damaged or unknown file systems. For user's convenience R-Undelete can be run from disks and folders context menu. Graphic files ( see the list ), video and audio files (all files are supported if a proper codec is installed on the system) can be previewed before they are recovered.
In comparison with the previous versions, R-Undelete 4.x versions are supplemented with an improved wizard-style interface oriented on data recovery novices and an option to recover files from damaged and deleted partitions that bring R-Undelete to the highly rated R-Studio level except for some special data recovery features like RAID , Hex editing and Network support. Found files and folders can now be easily sorted by the original structure, file extension or file creation/modification time. Added S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) attribute monitoring for hard drives allows the users to examine disk health and predict their possible failures. Microsoft's new file system ReFS (Resilient File System) is supported together with Windows 2012 Server OS.
Starting from the version 4.5, R-Undelete creates an image and simultaneously scans the data being copied. The program creates two files stored in the same place: an image file and a file with the scan info. The upgraded file viewer supports the additional file formats including Adobe Acrobat pdf, Microsoft Office documents doc, xls, ppt (Office 97-2003), docx, xlsx, pptx. A new, faster, and more robust algorithm for Known File Types scanning and FAT file system processing has been implemented. The algorithm is adapted to multi-core processing and prevents the program from freezing and crashing in a critical situation.
+ Accelerated disk scan for fast-read devices.
+ Search for deleted file versions. R-Undelete can search for deleted file versions using their sizes, names and extensions, and recognized file types as the search parameters.
* More reliable and significantly faster recognition of NTFS and FAT partitions.
* Files found using both search for known file types and file record analysis are now shown only in the file/folder structure.
* Improved data selection in the Hexadecimal editor. Now the beginning and end of the area to be selected can be set by the Select from and Select to commands in the shortcut menu.
* The Hexadecimal reader shows now a search position together with the progress bar.
- Sometimes scan might freeze. Fixed.
- It was impossible to enter hex values in the offset field in the Hexadecimal viewer. Fixed.
- Sometimes data search didn't work in the Hexadecimal viewer, and it was impossible to stop it. Fixed.
- Some settings were GUI language-dependent. When the language was changed, they got lost, when the language was changed back, they appeared again. Fixed.
- The title of the Size column got lost when the column size was changed on the first panel. Fixed.
- The Command Show S.M.A.R.T. from on shortcut menu was active for an HDD image. Fixed.
- Search for Extra Found Files was disabled by default during simultaneous image creation and disk scan. Fixed.
An Intel-compatible platform running Windows 2000/XP/ 2003/Vista/2008/2012 Windows 7/8/8.1.
At least 256 MB of RAM, a mouse, and enough disk space for recovered files, image files, etc.
The administrative privileges are required to install and run R-Undelete under Win 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/2012 Windows 7/8/8.1.
Download File Size:37.14 MB