IAR Systems has released update for suite of tools developing embedded applications based on Renesas Electronics’ RH850 core. The RH850 microcontrollers target automotive applications and feature embedded 40nm flash technology.
IAR Embedded Workbench for RH850 is based on IAR’s development tools for the Renesas V850. The IAR C/C++ Compiler for RH850 is said to generate very compact, extremely fast-performing code by applying several levels of generic and processor-specific optimizations. The RH850 suite uses the standard ELF/DWARF object format and is compliant with Renesas ABI (Application Binary Interface), which gives users the possibility to incorporate libraries created with other Renesas ABI-compliant software tools.
Integrated automatic checking of MISRA-C rules helps ensure the safety and reliability of the applications designed. The C-SPY Debugger supports Renesas E1/E20 emulators, as well as kernel-aware debugging with built-in plugins for a large number of real-time operating systems (RTOSes).
What's new in IAR Embedded Workbench for RH850 version 1.30.2:
Service Pack 1.30.2
- Errors have been corrected in the assembler, compiler and C-SPY emulator driver.
- Added device support for RH850/F1K.
- Added example projects for RH850/F1L.
- The add-on product C-STAT for static analysis is now supported. C-STAT features innovative static analysis that can detect defects, bugs, and security vulnerabilities as defined by CERT and the Common Weakness Enumeration, as well as help keeping code compliant to coding standards like MISRA C:2012/2004 or MISRA C++:2008. For more information, see the C-STAT Static Analysis Guide.
- Attach to running target for E1 and E20
- C-SPY now allows you to connect an E1 or E20 emulator to a running system to inspect it without interrupting program execution.
- LPD 4 and LPD 1 communication support for E1 and E20
- It is now possible to use either 1-pin or 4-pin LPD communication with adjustable speed for the E1/E20 emulator.
- Save as for project workspaces
- It is now possible in the IDE to save a project workspace with a new name.
- New option to select double precision
- A new option has been added to select the precision used by the compiler for representing the floating-point types double and long double. The compiler can use either 32-bit or 64-bit precision. By default, the compiler uses 64-bit precision.
- Updated user documentation
- The IAR C/C++ Development Guide and C-SPY Debugging Guide have been updated to reflect the product changes.
- Updated device support
- SFR header files, linker configuration files, and device description files have been added for the latest Renesas devices.
About IAR Systems
IAR Systems provides developers of embedded systems with world-leading software tools for developing competitive products based on 8-, 16-, and 32-bit processors. Established in Sweden in 1983, the company has over 46,000 customers globally, mainly in the areas of industrial automation, medical devices, consumer electronics, telecommunication, and automotive products. IAR Systems has an extensive network of partners and cooperates with the world’s leading semiconductor vendors. IAR Systems Group AB is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm.
Product: IAR Embedded Workbench for RH850
Supported Architectures: 32bit \ 64bit
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP (32bit) / Vista / 7even / 8.x / Windows 2003 server (32bit) / Windows 2008 server
Download File Size:301.02 MB