DS have finally released CATIA V5-6R2017 (which most of you may prefer to call it V5R27), and yes, it’s compatible with Windows 10. The “-6” represents its compatibility with ENOVIA 3DEXPERIENCE R2017x.
While many of our customers are choosing to upgrade to the latest 3DEXPERIENCE R2017x, and new customers are selecting us as their partner of choice for their upgrade to 3DEXPERIENCE as a result of our technical lead in the discipline, some customers are still choosing to stay with CATIA V5. This isn't a problem, as DS are showing continuing investment in CATIA V5 with their dedication being shown with their latest release, CATIA V5-6R2017.
CATIA started as an in-house development tool for a French aircraft manufacturer back in 1977, after which its capabilities were extended for use in other industries. CATIA V1 was released in 1981, the same year Dassault Systèmes was incorporated. Versions 2 through 5 followed a routine release every 3-5 years. In 2001, after the first V5 release, Dassault switched over to a version-history system, which lead to a smaller annual releases. This is when the naming first began getting complicated. The naming system now follows an alphanumeric pattern: V for “version”, number of the baseline platform, an R for “release”, and the year of release.
The newest version, CATIA V6, came out in 2008 and has followed the same yearly version-history release pattern (and incremental improvements) as V5. However, it has been almost 10 years since V6 was released and engineers and designers everywhere are eagerly anticipating the presumed radical advancements that will be included in CATIA V7. Unfortunately, it looks like we are going to have to continue waiting, as there is no indication of an upcoming release date for CATIA V7.
Even though there is no CATIA V7, the latest CATIA V5-6R2017 (also known as CATIA V5-6) was released in March. But wait, why would the numbering go backwards for the latest release? We understand this naming pattern is confusing. Dassault explains that that “-6” in the name of this release was added to indicate compatibility between both the 5 and 6 platform versions. This latest release adds new features to the existing V6 portfolio, improves compatibility between versions, and enhances the 3DEXPERIENCE environment.
CATIA V5-6 enables easy collaboration between internal and external teams using either version of the software. This release protects the investment that many organizations have already put into their CATIA system. Plus, feature level compatibility allows V6 models to be used and modified in the V5 environment while preserving parametric geometry and retaining defined features.
The latest version of CATIA enables seamless collaboration between teams using older versions.
CATIA V5-6 utilizes the following products:
CATIA V6 includes an extensive portfolio of products that can be used in a range of industries:
- Systems Architecture: deliver products on time with tools that make it easy to model and compose complex products.
- Design: powerful and intuitive tools allow designers to model, analyze, and visualize their aesthetic by easily manipulating shapes in 2D or 3D designs
- Engineering: gain critical insight into the quality and performance of products early in the development process through digital prototyping with advanced analysis and simulation
- Systems Engineering: shorten the gap between analysis and selecting the right solution by integrating product behavior into the product definition. This integration enables life-like simulation, which can be used to predict real-world performance.
The CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE provides users with an intuitive environment for designing and engineering. It increases productivity by utilizing a context sensitive toolbar that includes workflows and access to the functions you need right when you need them.
CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE provides an intuitive environment for designing and engineering.
The 2017 release of the 3DEXPERIENCE works beautifully with CATIA V5-6 and includes some amazing features:
- Advanced Visualization: realism rendering makes it easy for users to get a clear image of what their designs will look like in the real world.
- Improved UX: increase efficiency and productivity with a customizable context sensitive toolbar.
- Virtual Reality (VR): immersive VR features help designers by providing them with a spatial understanding of their product. Designers can then use this information and awareness to make quick and accurate decisions during development.
- 2D Photo to 3D Model: designers can take inspiration from existing objects with the photo-to-shape application. 2D photos are transformed into 3D models that can be refined, detailed, and modified as necessary.
- Tools for Non-Specialists: non-design specialists can easily generate parts within the 3DEXPERIENCE environment. These parts can be can modified and optimized by designers, taking advantage of either the additive manufacturing or traditional manufacturing processes
- Enriched Modelica Libraries: four new modeling libraries have been added specifically for system engineers. These new libraries include electrified powertrains, brushless DC motors, cooling systems, and HVAC systems.
About Dassault Systemes
As a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, Dassault Systemes brings value to more than 130,000 customers in 80 countries. A pioneer in the 3D software market since 1981, Dassault Systemes applications provide a 3D vision of the entire lifecycle of products from conception to maintenance to recycling. The Dassault Systemes portfolio consists of CATIA for designing the virtual product - SolidWorks for 3D mechanical design - DELMIA for virtual production - SIMULIA for virtual testing - ENOVIA for global collaborative lifecycle management, EXALEAD for search-based applications and 3DVIA for online 3D lifelike experiences
Product: DS Catia
Version: V5-6R2017 SP2 HF006
Supported Architectures: x64
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even SP1 / 8.x / 10
Download File Size:3.83 GB